It came!!! Actually, it got here Wed or Thurs, but I finally opened it tonight! Ever get that feeling that you want to try everything all at once, but the problem is that you only have one of you… in this case, only one face (though some people might have two faces, haha, bad joke :Op). So many mask, not enough faces… Ok enough with the corniness, sorry.
It arrived in a sturdy flat mailer, and inside was this cute little origami box with MaskBox printed on one side and the folded edges on the other. At first glance it looks like a white box, but it has a subtle pearlescent sheen to it.
Inside: On top was a little envelope with a personal handwritten note from Tammy and Bryan at MaskBox! <3 Such a sweet gesture, love it! This is the kind of thing I miss from back home in Hawaii, the Aloha spirit. Tammy grew up in Hawaii too, BTW 🙂 So I feel a kind of kinship there.
Under that, is a card describing how to use mask box and then there were my masks – 3 for the subscription. Plus the extra mask!
- Valsarea Pure Essence Pearl Mask Sheet – it has pearl extract in it, I wonder if it has that same pearlescent sheen to it that I’ve seen in other products with pearl powders or extracts? Can’t wait to try this one first out of this set!
- Nature Republic Real Nature Mask Sheet Cucumber. Cucumber has a history of being good for your skin, especially for under-eyes. Though masks don’t usually cover up the eyes, but does touch a little bit under them, I’m I’m curious to see how hydrating this one is!
- Valsarea Pure Essence Royal Jelly Mask Sheet – Royal Jelly according to WebMD: “Royal jelly is a milky secretion produced by worker honey bees. It typically contains about 60% to 70% water, 12% to 15% proteins, 10% to 16% sugar, 3% to 6% fats, and 2% to 3% vitamins, salts, and amino acids. Its composition varies depending on geography and climate. This product gets its name from the fact that bees use it for the development and nurturing of queen bees” Interesting!
- Side note: I also read there that “Some people apply royal jelly directly to the skin as a tonic or to the scalp to encourage hair growth.” — did not know that! I need to definitely try that for my scalp and hair!
- The special extra mask –SLC Premium Bio Cellulose Mask. Healing Secret Premium Cellulose, that just sounds amazing! Maybe I need to use this one first!
With the launch and first box shipment, I am so far loving it!!! I’m going to have to start doing a face mask every night or every other night at least at this rate! 🙂 It’s all good though!
Special thank you to MaskBox! Congrats and Good luck! I hope that you have a successful journey with this subscription service!
If you missed my post on the MaskBox launch, you can read it here.
Their subscriptions start at $10/month and you receive 3 masks per month. There are also several options available.
I’m not sure if the deal below is still active, but you can try it!
Use this special code: IGLOYALTY
This will give you a FREE mask for the duration of your pre-order subscription (i.e. 6 month subscription = 6 free masks total, one per month), while supplies last.
[I was previously given permission to post this code :)]
And this marks my 200th post!!! 😀