Oh, weird, I could have sworn I did a post for January’s Ipsy bag, but it’s still sitting in my “to post about” area (ahem… in my closet on top of my bins). Man am I behind, there are a few other things there too that will end up leaching over into February. BTW, who blinked out January? Can you also place a time hold on tonight? I don’t want it to be Monday or February just yet!
Jan’s theme is “All Eyes On You”:
“You’re a knockout. Keep your eye on the prize! From must-have products to prettify your peepers-like TheBalm’s Cult-Fave eyeliner-to on-the-go beauty essentials, January is all about a seriously standout look.”
The bag is cute, reminds me a little of Jackson Pollock’s Marilyn Monroe, and Pop Art.
In the bag:
- theBalm Cosmetics Mr. Write (Now) eyeliner pencil in Jac. It’s bronze in color or leaning toward antique gold, retractable.
- Ofra Eyebrow pencil in Universal. Medium to dark brown in color, retractable.
- jelly pong pong Curl Fairy Lashes mascara – I don’t remember getting the email to choose, ah well. The wand looks like a common one, nothing out of the ordinary. It does have a nice scent to it — funny I’ve never really smelled a mascara until now, don’t know why I did!
- J-Cat Beauty Blinkie shimmer eyeshadow in Tangerine Light. Really pretty, actually! I have a set of lip liners by J-Cat that I procured via Amazon a while back. It’s interesting to see them progress to now being in Sephora and these beauty boxes.
- skyn Iceland Glacial Cleansing Cloths
Swatches in the same order above:
After 20 moderate-pressure swipes (not rubs) with a dry tissue
It took an additional 17 swipes with a plain baby wipe (one that was only slightly moistened, not the really damp kind) to remove the eyeliner and mascara. Probably would have been quicker with one of those cleansing cloths 😉
Overall nice bag this month! February will be my deciding month, if I stay or take a leave of absence of it so I can pursue other subscriptions. I usually have a 3 month cap, but wanted to see what (if anything) they had in store for Valentine’s.