It’s been a busy week with school, seems like we have double the workload and I’m still catching up! Lots of stuff that I need to post and lots of reviews that I need to get written up, feel like I’m so behind! Might be able to do one or two tonight, but I have some studying to do also. Such is school life!
Beauty Blogger Award
- Tag the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- Nominate 10 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion.
- Make 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Inform the bloggers you chose that you nominated them!
- Who is your favorite fashion designer?
Coco Chanel, simply because she is/was so iconic and influential within the Fashion Industry and among women in general. And I absolutely love Dior Couture, so artistic and stunning – loved what Jennifer Lawrence wore to the Golden Globes.
- What is your favorite fashion accessory?
I’ve been really loving statement jewelry lately, necklaces, bracelets, or rings that really stand out.
- What is the last book that you read?
The Girl In Between by Laekan Zea Kemp (e-book). Hopefully, I’ll get to post the review tonight.
- What is your favorite skin care product for winter weather?
LOTION!!! It’s a godsend, too bad I don’t remember to put it on routinely. I really really really need to though, ugh!
- What is your favorite makeup brand?
Honestly, I don’t have one right now. I’m a free spirit and like to try a bunch of things without limiting myself (unless I get limited by other factors), but that makes it hard for me to settle on any one thing or brand in particular.
- What did you eat for lunch today?
Leftovers! I made a venison roast (deer meat that I got from my friend who’s husband went hunting recently) in the crock pot and served it with goat cheese, parm, and chives mashed potatoes.
- What is one goal you have for your blog?
To be able to keep it up for many many years!
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
Travel! Sooo many places to go, soooo much food to try!
- Who is your favorite actor?
Don’t think I have one.
- Where would you most like to travel to?
Like I mentioned, there are so many places I’d love to go! No particular order: San Francisco, New Zealand, Australia, Great Britain, Greece, Italy… and many many more!
- Do you prefer a glam or natural makeup look?
Natural for the most part. I have to be feeling really adventurous to go glam.
- How old were you when you started wearing makeup daily?
Hmm… foundation and eye makeup, probably around 14.
- What is the best beauty advice that you’ve ever received?
Clean my brushes regularly, wash my face before going to bed. Still neglect to do these on occasion though :/
- Do you buy makeup from the department or the drug store?
I buy mostly online, though I have gotten some directly from Ulta, Sephora, Target, and a couple of times from Walgreens.
- Do you have any makeup tricks or hacks that you swear by?
Coconut oil + honey is a fabulous (and all natural) makeup remover and facial cleanser.
- What is your favorite skin care product to use?
Biossance, love that stuff!
- Do you have a favorite fragrance?
I used to love Byblos, Sand & Sable, and Design, but I can’t wear fragrances right now because of my headaches and migraines.
- Do you feel comfortable wearing no makeup out in public?
Not really! Unless I’m going through drive-thru! As I get older, seems like I have to wear more makeup!
- What is something that you consider a “no no” when it comes to makeup?
Yes, definitely, when a makeup artist double dips – mascara, eyeshadow, lipstick – especially those with wands, etc. Unless she’s sanitizing them in between clients (though you can’t do that with lip glosses, mascara, etc) !
- Would you rather not style your hair or wear no makeup for two months?
I just brush my hair out and throw it up into a quick twirled bun nowadays, so no style would be fine! I’d rather be able to wear makeup!
- If you were a fruit, what would you be?
Though it can be classified as a nut or a seed too, I’d be a coconut. It’s so versatile and has so many health benefits, seems like the perfect fruit to be.
- Your favorite song right now.
My all time favorite song now and forever – November Rain by Guns N’ Roses.
- If you only had 5 minutes to do your makeup, what products would you use?
Foundation, eyeliner, lipstick.
- The high and low of your day.
High – getting these Beauty Blogger Awards 😉 Low – getting up in the early morning for school.
- Cats or Dogs?
We have a cat. I would say I’m neither. I like cats and dogs, don’t get me wrong, but I like them when they belong to someone else, LOL. I want a bearded dragon.
- If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
- The weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten.
I’ve eaten many a weird thing, at the moment my mind is coming up blank though because it all seems natural to me now. Maybe I’ll think about something before I reach the end of this post… Still can’t think of anything. I’ve had beef kidney and tongue before, guess others might find that weird.
- One goal you’d hope to accomplish in your lifetime.
To retire from working, but with enough disposable income to live comfortably and to travel and not have to worry about finances.
- Your Favorite Day of the Week.
Friday or Saturday.
- If you had a super power, what would it be?
It’s a toss up between invisibility and mind control.
Qs for you!
- What is your go to lipstick?
- Eyeliner preference: liquid, cream or gel (in a pot), pencil, or other?
- If you could eat anywhere or anything in the world and price were not a factor, where or what would it be?
- What are a few things that you are grateful/thankful for in your life?
- If the world was in post-apocalyptic mode what is the first thing you’d do to ensure your survival?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- Where do you want to be living when you retire?
- Were you a fan of the movie Labyrinth?
- Tell us one beauty tip.
- Would you consider yourself OCD organized, organized chaos, or somewhere in the middle?