Not the movie, but don’t you just love Johnny Depp in that? 🙂 This post is about decadent chocolate! Being a foodie and having a sweet tooth can get me into trouble, especially when it comes to those items that are out of the ordinary and sound so delectable.
As I was searching through the Birchbox shop (I’ll have to do a compiled beauty haul post) to pick out some items under $10, these caught my eye.
Chuao Chocolatier Taste the Joy gourmet mini chocolate bars (they call them ChocoPods). OMG!!! They are sooooooooo fracking good! The Chuao website says they are “unusual, unexpected, and delicious” and really, that is exactly what they are – I mean a couple of them felt like I had pop rocks in my mouth and the variety of flavors is unreal! Looking at the bunch I expected that I’d have a couple of sure favorites out of them, but after eating them all (like a piggy) they are all very delish and I can’t choose one that I like better than the other. Finishing the box, it left me wanting more! As I type this I have their website up with every intention of searching through their black friday sale, lol.
Each of the chocopods are in the shape of a leaf, and weighs just 0.39 oz (11 g). They’re 50-6o calories each and are 100% natural, free from hydrogenated fats, artificial preservatives, artificial colors & flavors, and artificial sweeteners. They are also gluten free.
The flavors that I received in this box (nice little red box, btw):
- honeycomb – luscious amber honey, caramelized into crisp bits and enrobed in dark chocolate
- potato chip – crisp kettle cooked potato chips and a hint of sea salt mix and mingle in milk chocolate
- pop corn pop – inspired by that familiar flavor you love, with a surprising POP in milk chocolate
- orange-a-go-go – candied orange harmonizes with the essence of bergamot orange in dark chocolate
- firecracker – sea salt, a dash of chipotle and popping candy crackle in dark chocolate
- salted chocolate crunch – crunchy, toasted breadcrumbs dusted with sea salt and swirled in dark chocolate
- spicy maya – seductive cinnamon, pasilla chile and warming cayenne bedded in dark chocolate
- baconluxious – delicate maple sweetness, a sprinkle of bonfire smoked sea salt and crispy, uncured bacon in milk chocolate
There are also some other flavors on their site that I want to try like pretzel toffee twirl, oh my smores!, cinnamon cereal smooch, caramel apple crush, and a few others.
I also saw the peace, love and peppermint flavor at Starbucks today, so they may have other flavors available there.
I can’t resist chocolate. SMH.
Along with my Birchbox order, they sent me this little treat as well:
Fatty Sundays Gourmet Toffee Pretzel dipped in milk chocolate. On Birchbox they say “savor them, horde them, or eat them all at once, but an experience this rich is best when shared with friends.” Since there was only one, there was no sharing involved, haha. It was salty, crunchy, and sweet — a perfectly yummy treat, IMHO. They don’t sell them directly on Birchbox, but they can be purchased through Fatty Sundays‘ website for $7 for a 2.54 oz box (it looks like there are about 5 or 6 of the sticks in there).
Well, I’m off to go get me some more of that Chuao ChocoPods! TTFN!
What are your favorite chocolatey treats?