Beautybox Five box for November arrived! I love that color box, it goes with my office color-scheme. The theme this month is Boosted Basics. BB5 Babe Rule #1, the card says, “Your basics never have to be boring!”
As much as I wanted to hope that their shipping would improve, sadly, it didn’t. This time around the shipping notification came in on the 10th, but as per the history of previous shipments, the tracking showed not valid for several days. I contacted them about it on the 16th. They got back with me the next day and let me know that they had been in contact with their carrier and some of their boxes got over labeled and so they gave me a new tracking number. From that new tracking number, it was sent out that day and arrived on the 19th.
Anyhow… back to the box itself.
Included in this box was:
- LA Fresh Group – Eco-Beauty Good Day. Day Cream: “Greet your morning with a little extra pep in your step when you smooth o this hardworking moisturizer that’ll perk up your complexion. Made with collagen-producing peptides, super-hydrating hyaluronic acid, natural cucumber, aloe, antioxidants, panthenol (vitamin B), vitamin C & E and an anti-aging botanical complex including maqui berry, licorice root, ginkgo biloba leaf, grape seed & hickory bark.” It comes in a sample packet like many others, but this one has a convenient little top where you can squeeze the product out of.
- Kaunis – Anti-Aging Facial Mask: “Give your makeup some time off and save face with this luxe sheet mask. You’ll be glowing in no time. Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improves firmness, enhances natural radiance, contains organic ingredients.” Says it’s the full-size. Will likely use it one sunday facial mask day. 😉
- Altcheck MD – DePuff Eye Pads: “Everyday undereye circles: get outta here! Pop these o to soothe puffiness, fine lines, and tired skin in just 30 minutes. Soothing hydrator, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.” Two packets with one pair each. Not much to say about it until I try it!
- MOODmatcher – Luxe Twist Stick in Orange: “Custom color, please! This shade-changing cutie reacts with your lips to create a one-of-a-kind hue that lasts all day! 12 hour lip color. Twist Stick glides on with creamy ease… Color changes INSTANTLY as it reacts with your lips. Shade intensifies within a few minutes… to a rich color that lasts for 12 hours. Clinically proven with 12 HOUR staying power, Twist Sticks will never smudge, feather or bleed. [….] Twist Sticks deliver soft, matte coverage that will take you from work to play, with the confidence that your lip color will last all day.” It feels similar to Clinique’s Chubby Stick and Tarte’s Lip Creme. It’s sheer (see below on the left), IDK… it wiped off pretty easily with a dry tissue. It did leave a stain though that I had to take off with a makeup remover wipe.
- The All Natural Face – Vegan Matte Cream Lip & Cheek Color in Dusty Rose: “Do double-duty and give your cheeks and lips a flirty flush with this buildable, all-natural pigment that fits in your smallest clutch! Organic jojoba oil, organic argan oil, mica, oxides.” It’s the swatch on the right in the above pic. A little dark for my tastes as far as blush goes, but a pretty color and matte. I like that this is Vegan, I believe this would be the 1st Vegan product in my possession. I’d be willing to check out their company to see what else they have to offer. I also like that they have an expiration date on the bottom.
- Then there were a couple of inserts with coupon codes.
That was that! I decided after this box to go ahead and cancel my sub. Figured three boxes was enough to test it out (2 months subs + the mystery box) and now I can try something else (which I did – the Treatsie Sweets box).
Did you get this box? Did you love it or hate it or were you mixed in your reactions?