It was easy to get carried away while shopping at BeautyNetKorea because everything was new to me and exciting! When you browse through products they don’t have reviews on individual item pages — it’s difficult to determine what is actually good and what is not (at least via the site and without further product research) — this makes you rely solely on the descriptions available. Though they do have a “Best” section, which I’m assuming is their top-sellers.
I found myself wandering through the skincare and body/hair sections mostly, and ended up checking out on 15 items and putting a bunch of other items onto the wishlist. Placed my order on the night of the 17th, they shipped it out on the 19th, and it arrived on the 28th — a total of less than 11 days from ordering to receiving, and this was shipped from Korea to the US – very impressive!
With the bulk of the items ordered being on the large side, I expected a huge box, but it came compact within a box just big enough to neatly and ingeniously puzzle-in these items.
Upon opening the box, there was a little note and several freebies – 15 of them (14 samples and 1 full-size); which leads me to believe that they may send one freebie per item purchased or could just be coincidence.
The freebies included:
- Full-size Tonymoly tony tint delight (03), which looks like a tinted lip gloss, smells kinda fruity
- Skinfood Broccoli Gift Set (little box), which has two tiny bottles – Broccoli Toner and Broccoli Emulsion. I tried to search for it on their site to get a description in English, but couldn’t find it.
- Skinfood Argan Oil Silk Hair Conditioner sample
- Skinfood Watery Berry – Watery Berry Toner sample x2
- Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell Emulsion sample x2
- Skinfood Gold Caviar Emulsion sample x2
- Skinfood Royal Honey Hydro Essence x2
- Skinfood Royal Honey Hydro Cream x2
- Skinfood Royal Honey Mask x2
My actual purchase included (linked for convenience):
- secretKey Snow White Skin Booster, lovely packaging and though I didn’t take a photo of it, the bottle is this opalescent clear glass with a silver top.
- secretKey Snow White Cream, 2 – 50g containers that comes with a clear plastic spatula.
- e-glips JolieBeBe Lip Polish
- Etude House Kissful Lip Care Concealer
- Etude House Collagen Eye Patch, Set of 3
- Esthetic House CP-1 Keratin Silk Injection Hydrating and Protecting Hair For Dry and Damaged Hair, Set of 2
- TheFaceShop Highlighter Beam, looks really similar to Benefit Cosmetic‘s High Beam; I’ll have to do a comparison.
- Merit Killing Me Zombie BB Cream, love the box it comes in! I want to try their lip tints too, next time.
- Etude House Moistful Collagen Sleeping Pack
- secretKey Milk Brightening Toner
- Missha Procure Intensive Repairing Treatment
- Missha Procure Damage Clinic Hair Essence
- Tonymoly silky smooth balm egg pore, it’s the cutest thing!
- Holika Holika – Wonder Drawing Hairline Maker in Brown & in Black (not sure what happened to the pic for these two). I tried this last night to try to fill in some spaces that are less full than others. Eh, it could be better, it’s more or less like an eye or brow shadow that you use a small sponge applicator to apply over your hairline and scalp. Will likely use it for brows or as eyeshadow instead now.
One downside of ordering from this site is that a lot of the products don’t have directions on them in English – I’ll have to refer back to the product pages to find out how to use some of them (will probably bookmark them, so it’ll be easy to click, read, then use).
With all of these new face and hair care items, my beauty regimen time for morning and night just increased probably 10 fold! Ha! I used to have nice skin and hair, but didn’t take care of them very well, plus once I had a child, things kind of went downhill. Our bodies are amazing though and I am determined that any damage done can be turned around or reversed, even if it’s just a little bit of improvement. So hopefully these aren’t just gimmicky, that there really is something to these Korean beauty products and they will do amazing things to improve my complexion and hair & scalp health, in addition to my up and down rollercoaster ride on the eating healthy and being healthy express. *crossing fingers!*