Have you gotten this yet? So decadent, so pretty, makes me feel spoiled! The Urban Decay Vice 4 Palette? It’s so yummy! From the box, to the zippered bag, to the case, to the shades, YUM! I just want to pet it… my precious. Heh. I don’t know what it is about studying to be a medical assistant that makes me want to buy makeup, it’s a weird thing for sure considering that I have to play my makeup down so that it’s appropriate. Maybe it’s because I have to wear the same red-colored scrubs four days a week that makes me want to change things up a bit when I’m home. So now I just need to make some really good local friends to go out with, that way I can get all dolled up and makeup-ed out. That’s one thing I miss about being a photographer, getting dolled up (still looking professional, of course) for fashion events and such. Though I really don’t know if my social anxiety is in remission enough for me to go back to networking within the fashion folds of photogs, models, and makeup artists — not physically, I mean. Online is a different story. Anywhoooo… back to makeup. For this Ulta.com purchase, I didn’t have too much, the palette above, plus Smashbox‘s Photo Finish Primer Water, and Makeup Revolution‘s Vivid Bronzer in Rock on World and Ready to Go.
I am really not sure, but they shipped one of my freebie gift sets with these and the other separately (which I will have to post in Ulta Hall Part 2.5). Whoever is working in their sample department is slacking, sadly. I was supposed to get a 7-piece Variety Sample Set, but it was missing the Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream sample. Also in the 2nd shipment they were supposed to send those little variety samples, they didn’t. Guess they figured they were sending me too many samples as it was, but still, I think if I checked out on them, I should get them, right? I look forward to all these little treats and when they’re not there it’s disappointing. Sigh. Ok, so back to the 6-piece Variety Sample Set:
- Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion, “sheer oil-free broad spectrum SPF 15 Facial Sunscreen Lotion.” I got one of these already through the Gold Rose gift bag, it has a nice scent and goes on smoothly, but nothing out of the ordinary in my opinion.
- Rodial Stemcell super-food cleanser, “2-in-1 cleanser and mask for dehydrated skin with stem cells, rose hip and vitamin e.” This one sounds nice! Will be trying it for sure this weekend. It’s a pretty good size too.
- Murad Instant Radiance Eye Cream, “minimizes the appearance of dark circles by 30% in 15 minute and 48% with continued use.” It’s like the universe was reading my mind about my dark under-eye circles and needing a remedy for them, now I keep getting all these products for them! Hopefully at least one of them will hit the mark and fade my bags of shame.
- StriVectin-AR (NIA-114 + Retinol) Advanced Retinol Concentrated Serum, “silky fast-absorbing layering serum combines Retinol and patented NIA-114 to fight major signs of aging; supercharges any skincare routine without the irritating side effects.” Well then! Sounds like the superhero cream for anti-aging! I will have to test this out on my villainous fine lines and developing nefarious wrinkles.
- juice Beauty The Organic Solution Green Apple Peel Sensitive, “clinically validated age-defy and blemish clearing results; authentically organic antioxidant rich juice base; exfoliates and refines to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and lighten hyperpigmentation; delivers spa grade exfoliation revealing a brighter complexion while firming the skin; powerful action without parabens, propylene or butylene glycols, petroleum, sulphates, PEGs, TEA, DEA, phthalates, GMO, silicones, pesticides, artificial dyes or fragrances.” Now this is my kind of product!
- Exuviance Age Reverse Toning Neck Cream; “developed exclusively for the fragile neck and decolletage, this potent treatment contains Citrafill and patented NeoGlucosamine to help create a strong, supportive network that lifts away years, restoring youthful tone and definition to the neckline; gentle exfoliants help erase telltale dark spots from aging and UV exposure and help prevent new spots from forming; contains apple stem cell extract to help ensure healthy skin cells for skin that looks and behaves years younger.” Umm… my neck NEEDS this! I’m getting these vertical wrinkles/lines on my neck ’cause I’m getting old.
This sample set was my kind of set! Thank you Universe for hearing my thoughts. Let’s see if they all work now! 🙂 Will post what’s in the Pink Rose Gift Sample Set in Ulta Haul Part 2.5 (probably have to wait until this weekend).
Lastly, not from my Ulta haul, I got this cream contouring set on Amazon, mistakenly thinking it was the Anastasia Beverly Hills version, but didn’t realize my error until after I purchased it. It’s ok though, I’ll try it, plus it was about $10 cheaper. From Aesthetica Cosmetics. I got one of their contouring brushes not too long ago and love it, hopefully I’ll love this contouring set too.